Belknap County is a small-town region on the western shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in central New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, where you can’t go very far in any direction without running into a stunning body of water. Here in Belknap County, where most of the year-round industry and business of the Lakes Region is located, you can enjoy the beautiful lakes and scenery year-round while making a good living and being part of a very active, close-knit community. Here are five reasons to consider making Belknap County your home:
1. You are drawn to New Hampshire’s quality of life, but you dislike the congestion and sprawl of southern NH and worry you will feel isolated in the more sparsely populated areas to the far north.
2. You want to live on or near the water, but you don’t want to deal with the traffic that some waterfront communities are plagued with in the summer.
3. You want access to quality employment opportunities to provide for your family.
4. You want to live in rural New Hampshire, but you also want good cell service and high-speed Internet.
5. You want to be away from the hustle and bustle but within an easy one or two hour drive of a major city, two large airports, and the seacoast.